Like tandoori chicken, today we are going to make tandoori fish in the oven. If you cooked in the oven, you will get a feel similar to tandoor cooked. So here in this recipe, we will learn how to marinate and cook the tandoori fish.
As we know that fish is a very healthy and tasty seafood that every non-vegetarian must eat at least once for 2 weeks. This is also good for children in their middle age.
- 1/2 kg fish cut into 1-inch pieces
- For the Marinade
- 8 Garlic cloves
- 50gm Coriander leaves
- a medium piece of Ginger
- 2tbsp Lime juice
- 1tbsp grated Lime zest
- 1tbsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- ½tsp Cumin powder
- 1/2tbsp Garam masala
- 1 ½tsp salt
- 50ml Refined vegetable oil
- 1tbsp Gram flour
- 100gm hung yogurt
- For the chutney
- 100gm coriander leaves
- 2 Green chilies
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- ½tsp salt
- 1tbsp yogurt
- Make a fine paste with half the oil, garlic, coriander, ginger, lime juice and zest, Kashmir red chili powder, cumin powder, garam masala, and salt.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan and add the gram flour, stirring to make a paste, and cook for about 1 minute till fragrant and lightly colored.
- Add the mixture to the spice paste and combine with the yogurt. Mix well all the ingredients for the marinade.
Gently rub the marinade over the fish pieces and marinate for 1 hour.
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Spread out the marinated fish in a baking dish.
Cook for 10-15 minutes on the top rack turning the fish pieces once. Baste once or twice during cooking.
For the chutney
Make a fine paste of all the ingredients in the blender.
Serve hot fish with chutney and onion rings.