Rajma recipe or rajma gravy is one of the most loved Punjabi-style recipes all over India. We can serve the rajma recipes with hot rice or naan items to enjoy its spicy taste.
Now let’s see, what are the ingredients and procedures to prepare the Rajma Gravy or Rajma Recipe.
- 1 cup / 200 gms of Rajma
- 4 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick of medium size
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp of oil
- 1 tsp of butter
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 1 tsp of turmeric powder
- 1 tsp of cumin powder
- 1 tsp of garam masala
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 tbsp of ginger-garlic paste
- 1 cup of chopped tomatoes
- Salt to taste
Directions To Make Punjabi Rajma Recipe
- Take the rajma into a bowl and add water, wash thoroughly and soak overnight, which is for 8 to 10 hours. After that, the rajma will become double in size.
- Then in the cooker add the rajma along with 3 cups of water and cook until the rajma cook and become softer, keep aside for a while.
- Take a pan and heat the oil and add cinnamon stick, cloves, and bay leaf for a minute, now add chopped onions and fry until the onions turned to golden brown in color.
- Then add ginger garlic paste and fry for a moment, and add chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, cumin powder, and garam masala powder, and fry it until tomatoes become soft.
- Finally add boiled rajma, salt, butter, and the rajma boiled water, if you want you can add some more water to increase the gravy.
- Cover it with a lid and let it simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- When rajma gets nicely blended with gravy then sprinkle chopped coriander leaves and take to the serving bowl.
- Now your spicy rajma recipe or rajma gravy is ready to feel its taste.
- You can serve it with rice or naan items.