Preparation and making method of Appam with Coconut Milk and preparation process of coconut milk.
- 2 cups of Rice
- 1 Coconut
- 1/2 cup of Cooked rice
- 1 pinch of Cooking Soda
- 1 tsp of Sugar
- Salt to taste
Take a bowl with water and pour the rice, keep in mind that, the level of water should be more than the rice. Keep the rice aside for 2 to 3 hours to soak.
After that in the wet grinder mix rice, coconut, cooked rice, cooking soda, salt, and sugar, then grind the mix as dosa flour and leave the flour for more than 12 hours until it ferments and becomes a little sour.
Making method of Appam / Palappam
- Take the appam pan heat oil on medium flame, then pour appam flour into the center with the help of a ladle.
- Immediately spread the flour as a thin layer on the walls of the appam pan by swirling the pan.
- Now keep the lid on the pan to cover it and cook for 3 to 4 mins.
- Gently remove the appam from the appam pan with the help of the spatula.
- Now the Tamil Nadu special recipe Appam or Palappam is ready to enjoy with coconut milk.
- Serve the hot appam with coconut milk.
- Coconut Milk Preparation
- Grind 1 or 1/2 coconut, add a cup of water mix thoroughly.
- Now drain the milk from the pulp.