Potato Manchurian is a spicy and juicy recipe like gobi Manchurian. We can feel different tastes with potatoes, as usually we use potatoes to make fry or gravy or we add it as one of the ingredients in some other curries.
Instead of using it as an ingredient in other curries, for a change and feel its original taste, we can make it the main ingredient and prepare a recipe that too very delicious. For that change only, I prepared the recipe potato Manchurian.
Here I am sharing it, in a simple and easy step-by-step method. You can also try it by yourself and share your experience which will help me to prepare more recipes.
- 200g Baby Potatoes
- 3/4 cup Flour (Maida)
- 1 tbsp Corn Flour
- 2 Capsicums
- 1 Onion
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Ginger – Garlic paste
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp Soya sauce
- 1/2 tbsp chili sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Vinegar
- 2 tsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- First, take a vessel and boil the potatoes till they become soft.
- Make a smooth batter of maida, corn flour, 1/2 tsp ginger–garlic paste, and salt using water.
- The batter should be neither too flowy nor too thick. It should be dipping consistency.
- Peel boiled potatoes and dip each potato in the batter. Deep fry till golden brown.
- Then take a nonstick pan and heat oil, add ginger garlic paste and saute on low flame for a minute add chopped onions along with chopped capsicums and fry for 3 to 4 minutes or till onions turn into golden brown color, then add tomato puree, tomato ketchup, chili sauce, vinegar, salt, pepper and saute for 3 to 4 minutes on low flame.
- Now add deep-fried potatoes and cook for 1 to 2 minutes on low flame.
- The hot and juicy potato Manchurian is ready to serve.
- You can garnish it with a few coriander leaves and sliced green chilies.